Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Finished! Now What?

I just finished my first half marathon!  I decided almost 6 months ago that I wanted to participate in Run Disney's Half Marathon.  For six months, I went from not being able to exert myself for even 5 minutes, to being able to exert myself enough to finish a half marathon!  For six months, I focused on the goal of seeing the finish line, obsessed about my Tink inspired costume, and checked the facebook pages for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon daily.

On January 20, 2013, I finished my goal of crossing the finish line!  I wasn't the slowest, I wasn't the fastest.  I had a fabulous time and I crossed the finish line in an upright position with a smile on my face! 

Then, something strange happened.  I was no longer motivated like I had been.  I felt lost the next week and in a fog. 

So, what's a girl to do?  Look forward to another goal!  I have a second half marathon scheduled for February 24, 2013 at Disney World~the Princess Half Marathon!  Since I am doing one race at each Disney resort within one calendar year, I will also be receiving the coveted Coast to Coast disney medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment